This Spanish omelette with chorizo, mushroom and onion is a tasty way to start the day!
1 tsp cooking olive oil
100g chorizo – chopped into small chunks
½ white onion – finely chopped
1 handful of button mushrooms – sliced
4 eggs – lightly beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
fresh parsley for garnish
2 tbsp grated parmesan
4 slices mozzarella
- Turn on your oven grill
- On the hob, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the chorizo, onion and mushrooms and fry on a medium heat until the onions are soft
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and swirl around to fill the pan
- Top the mixture with the parmesan and mozzarella
- When the bottom of the omelette starts to set put the pan under a hot grill to lightly set the top and melt the cheese
- Remove from the grill, add an extra grinding of salt and pepper to taste and top with some fresh parsley.
To find your nearest organic grocer visit Livewell Directory