This salad is a good source of slow-releasing protein that will keep your taste buds satisfied and your belly feeling full for longer.
Half a cup of brown rice
Half a cup of puy lentils
150grams tender stem broccoli
150grams feta cheese – chopped into cubes
Mint – handful of leaves shredded
4 tbsp olive oil
2tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the brown rice and lentils in cold water for 10 minutes, and drain
- Add a pinch of salt to a saucepan of boiling water and boil the rice and lentils for approx. 15 minutes or until tender and drain
- Add boiling water to the peas and broccoli and leave covered for 5 minutes or until al dente and then drain
- When the rice and lentils are cooked add to a bowl with the feta, broccoli, peas and mint
- Add salt and pepper and add the olive oil and lemon juice and mix through.
Find your local health food shop