Make a fluffy cheese omelette with this top tip.
4 free-range eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup mature cheddar – finely grated
1/4 cup parmesan – finely grated
salt/pepper to taste
1 tsp cooking olive oil
1 tbsp fresh chives
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat
- Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and baking powder together until the baking powder has dissolved
- Add the mixture to the warm pan and let it set slightly
- Once it starts to set, push the mixture gently from the edge of the pan towards the centre and tilt the pan so the runny mixture can continue to fill the pan and set
- Once lightly set, sprinkle the cheese on the one side of the omelette and fold the other side over
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for a minute so the cheese can melt
- Serve with fresh chives and a dollop of dijon mustard and a green salad on the side.
Find your local greengrocer on Livewell Directory