This Chinese chicken in black bean sauce recipe is quick and easy to prepare and tasty!
2 cooked chicken thighs – shredded
1 thumb sized piece of ginger – grated
2 cloves of garlic – grated
1 red birds-eye chilli – finely sliced
2 spring onions – sliced
1 handful green beans – top and tailed and cut in half
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp black bean sauce
1 lime – juiced
1 handful coriander
½ cup white basmati rice – cooked
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix together the ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onion, chicken, green beans and sesame oil
- Heat a pan with cooking oil until hot and add the mixture to the pan, stirring continuously for 1 minute so it doesn’t burn
- Add the black bean sauce, 1 tbsp of soya sauce and lime juice and stir for another minute
- Remove from the heat and keep warm
- Heat another pan with oil, crack in an egg and stir
- Add the rice and 1 tbsp of soya sauce and cook until warm
- Dish up the rice topped with the chicken, sprinkle with fresh coriander and top with sesame seeds.
Search Livewell Directory to find your local ethical food producers.